Our programs primarily serve, undergraduate, degree-seeking, Corvallis-based students.

Click the term you plan on entering Oregon State University:

Information for other populations or special circumstances

International Students

Undergraduate degree-seeking international students are invited to attend any of the orientation above for class registration or see this page for more options and information related to International Orientation.

Degree Partnership Students

If you are a current or new Degree Partnership Program student you will need to attend the the orientation session for the term that you wish to begin at OSU. If you have any questions regarding this process please contact the New Student Programs & Family outreach office directly at (541) 737-7627.

OSU Cascades Students Transferring to Corvallis Campus

To transfer from the Cascades campus to Corvallis, you need to talk to your OSU Cascades academic advisor to begin the process. If you will be transferring from OSU Cascades to OSU Corvallis campus for the summer or fall term, you will need to sign up for a START session in order to register for your fall term classes. If you have less than 24 college credits, you will need to sign up for a first-year START. If you have 24 college credits or more, you will need to sign up for a transfer START.

Post-Bacc Students

If you are a Post-Bacc student, we ask that you contact your college advising office directly to inquire if START is required for post-bacc students. If you need to attend START, contact our office directly via phone at 541-737-7627 to register for a START session.

Ecampus Students

If you are an e-campus students looking to take only online courses, you are not required to attend an on campus orientaiton. There is an online orientation for e-campus students only.  

Non-Degree Seeking Students

If you are a non-degree seeking students you do not attend an orientaition and can register for courses without seeing an advisor.

Graduate Students

Our orientation (START, winter/spring term) is for undergraduate students only. Please contact the Graduate School for program specific orientation sessions.